Monday 17 February 2020

A Bit More Adoration

We have reached the half way point of our challenge at Path of Positivity with the optional theme of Adoration.

Those of you who know me quite well will be aware that I have a bit of an obsession with penguins which goes beyond love and I think slides into adoration! At one stage I had almost 100 penguins in various guises around the house. Sadly when we moved from our largish vicarage into a small house I had to be brave and rehome a lot of them. 

Even so I now have penguins in every room in the house except the conservatory which also acts as my husbands study and has to be penguin free. Although Christmas is a different matter when the tree goes up! There are even a couple of penguins sitting by my pond in the garden.

Just for interest I went round the house and counted up how many there are and here are the results of my survey. 

My study - 4
Bedroom - 11
Spare bedroom - 1
Bathroom - 2
Lounge/diner - 7
Kitchen - 4
Total: 29

Then there are the 2 in the garden and all the penguin socks and jumpers! At Christmas the number shoots up again for a while.

So even after an extensive re-homing programme and friends and family under instruction from my husband not to give me anymore penguins (ha like that will work!) there are still a goodly number around the place.



Materials used:
X-Press It card
blue card cut to ATC size
white printer card
Copic pens:
penguin - W3, W5, W7,W9     E40, E41, E43     RV000
beak and feet - Y11, Y15, Y17, YR14, E15 
scarf - B12, B24, B28, B29     V04, V06, V09     Y11, Y15, Y17     C0, C1, C3, C5

The banner down the side has been made up on the computer, printed out on white card and trimmed to size. The little penguin is coloured in then cut out leaving a small white edge and attached to the blue ATC card.

The challenge runs until March 1st so there is plenty of time to come and join in the fun. Remember the twist is optional focusing on Adoration. 

In order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, remember that general types of  projects/posts will not qualify for the prizes unless they are also positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. 

Prizes this month include:
A $10.00AU gift voucher that can be redeemed for digital stamps from Beccy's Place, our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.
ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.
One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

I do hope that you will join in the fun at Path of Positivity. You can find further inspiration and the link to enter at the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute CAS! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that adorable penguin, looks great on the blue background. I can see why you collct them. Thsnks for sharing with us at PIP this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, he is adorable and I can see why you like penguins! They are such sweet and interesting birds! Love your coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sorry to read about you having to re-home many of your penguins Pippa, I have the same adoration for snowmen... and it doesn't even snow here! I'm glad you still have a few floating around the house and yard.
    You've done a fantastic job with the colouring, your blending and highlighting is gorgeous. I also love the "PENGUIN" sentiment down the side of the card with the cute little heart. Very sweet.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card love the penguin and great colouring-my daughter once had the same obsession errr love of pigs with the same outcome lol her new love is penguins too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete