Monday 20 January 2020

Another Character Trait To Share

Can you believe that it is already half way through January! So it is the mid way point of our challenge at Path of Positivity with the optional theme of Character Traits. 

Last time I shared my plans to be organised with you, this time I decided to focus on one of the reasons I need help with being organised! I have a butterfly brain, you know one of those that cannot stay focused for too long on one thing. It's a great asset for day dreaming and getting ideas but when it comes to the follow through and actually putting the ideas into practice then it is a nightmare! 

The biggest drawback is actually trying to remember amongst all the disconnected thoughts which the important ones are that needed action. Then you have to stay focused for long enough to get the job done. Not easy for the butterfly brain.

I wonder if there are any other butterfly brainers out there who have experienced the same frustrations?

For my project I found a great image by Scribbles Designs and used it to add another page to me 'Great Quotes' book.



Materials used:
X-Press It card
faux stitched edge rectangle die
Brushos - yellow, orange, red, purple, black
Copic pens:
butterfly wings - Y00, Y11, Y15, YR23     V0000, V000, V01
butterfly body - E31, E33, E35
grass - G12, G21, G94, G99   Blender
jar - B0000, B000, B00   Blender

I used the brushos to make the background, working directly onto my sketchbook page. I just sprinkled the powders then spritzed them with water and blotted until I go the effect I wanted then left it to dry before attaching the coloured image.  

Here are the details for the challenge:

This challenge, our optional twist is a focus on Character Traits. We are all made up of different kinds of qualities that come together to make up our overall character. If you would like to challenge yourself, create a project that helps to portray one or more of your own unique character traits. Examples include: kindness, humour, charity, generosity, integrity, devotion, etc. At the start of a new year, let's learn a little bit more about who you are as an individual.

In order to be considered eligible for this month's prizes, remember that general types of  projects/posts will not qualify for the prizes UNLESS they are also positive, inspirational, motivational or encouraging in some nature. Prizes this month include:

$12 gift certificate from Bugaboo Stamps, our guest sponsor for this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all qualifying entrants.

ONE image (value of $5 or less) from Scribbles Designs, for the post or project that the team deems most inspiring of the bunch based on all qualifying entrants.

One digital image from Creative Bug Digital SnapShots for each person chosen as a DT Delight.

I hope you will be able to join us at Path of Positivity and share your creativity with us. Thank you for dropping in. Take care.

14 comments:

  1. Butterfly brain! Now, that's a new term to me; I like it! I get it; it's so easy to fall into the "one thing leads to another" sort of thinking and totally forget the first thought! Wonderful idea to put this in your book! Art journaling is such a fun way to experiment and think on the page! Your background is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great creation thanks for sharing at 613 avenue create xx love the butterfly brain concept !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm butterfly brained too! I love this creative card! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous CAS card. Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft, hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really lovely,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mind often goes off on a tangent too, so much so I can't remember the path it started out on. I love your fabulous image with all the butterfly escaping from the jar.

    Thank you so much for sharing in our first challenge of the new decade, and good luck!

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great journal page and brusho background.Love the image and I can relate to the quote too!
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes - butterfly brain describes me too! What a great phrase! I love your journal page, Pippa - the Brusho background is lovely and the image is so very sweet and, teamed with the quote, it depicts your character trait perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great page for your journal. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous page and I love the quote! Can certainly relate!! Adore the butterflies fluttering out of the jar! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Butterfly brain is a kind way to describe me being scattered brained...like how you think AND how you created your delightful card! Thanks for joining us at PIP Challenges!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely design. Thank you for joining in the Dragonfly Dreams challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete