Monday 4 November 2019

Feeling Thankful Despite It All!

The theme for this month's challenge at Path of Positivity is Thankfulness. Now I have to say that this year is not one I feel particularly thankful for on first thoughts, it has been horrible. Not a case of 'Four Weddings and a Funeral' more like 'Five Funerals and a Wedding'. I admit there are times when I have been tempted to sink into a wallow of self pity, however so far I have managed to keep away from that particular path to nowhere. Despite all the sadness that has predominated this year and some ongoing issues that could potentially lead to more heartache, there has been much to be thankful for as well.

I am enormously thankful to our NHS all over the country who have made loved ones leaving a pain free and peaceful affair and shown such sympathy, no more than that empathy towards those left behind to grieve.

I am thankful that my niece had such a fantastic day for her wedding and that family and friends were able to gather to celebrate and share the day with the happy couple.

I am thankful that my hesitant and belated decision to let my gorgeous girls organise a 60th birthday party amidst all that has been happening made for a joyful day to recharge and regroup ready to face life's not so enjoyable events.

I am thankful that even the dark days can be shared with a loving husband and family and that mutual support can overcome.

The problem is with thankfulness is that once you start thinking about it there are just so many things to be thankful for. You only have to read a paper or watch the news to find plenty more reasons to give thanks.

And who to I give thanks to the most? The verse on my page says it all. So I do 'Give thanks with a joyful heart' as the hymn says.




Materials used:
A Day For Daisies - Butterfly Harvest (sadly A Day For Daisies is taking a rest from trading but will be back)
Imagine That Digistamps - Subtle Harvest Kit (I cannot find this in the shop so it may have been a fan freebie at some point)
Ex-Press It card
printer paper
gold glitter paper strip
book page die set
A5 sketch book
Copic pens:
orange pumpkin - Y35, Y38, YR14, YR18, E15, E 18  stem - E43, E44, E47
green pumpkin - YG61, G21, YG63, G85, E43, E47  stem - E11, E13, E15
red apples - YG00, R11, R35, R37, R59
pear - Y02, R32, YG01, RY02, Y15, Y17, Y06
green apples - YG21, YG03, YG25, YG17
purple berries - RB66, R56, R59
corn cob - Y15, Y18, YR16, YR18, E08, E19, E49
corn husks - E42, E43, E44
red berries - R14, R17, R27
blue flowers - B21, B23
purple flower - V05, RV66, RV69, V09, V99, YR12, YR15
butterflies - V0000, V000, V01, V12
cornucopia shell - E11, E33, E35, E39
grass - G21, G94, BG96, B99

After colouring the design I cut it with a book page die and edged it with brown ink. The background paper is made using Paper Leafy from the Subtle Harvest kit, reducing the size, copying, pasting and repeating the process a couple of times to get the leaves very small.

The different and sometimes unusual themes that the Path of Positivity Challenge have are great fun but not always ones that lend themselves to a card, at least not to a card I can use. I had this idea for next year that I would make a book of helpful, positive quotes and sayings with the themes that did not fall easily into the card category. However I decided to start my book early and what better way than with being thankful. I made my design to fit an A5 card so that it fits into an A5 sketch book. I am looking forward to seeing what other challenging themes end up in the book over the coming months!

The Path of Positivity challenge runs until the 1st December and the theme is optional, although with Thanksgiving coming up in America I expect there will be many of you running with Thankfulness!
Since offering to sponsor us A Day For Daisies is taking a rest from trading, however they are fulfilling their sponsorship commitments for rest of the year. Our ongoing sponsor Scribbles Designs is also offering a prize, details will be on the Path of Positivity Blog along with the rules and how to enter. I hope you will join in with us.

Thank you for dropping in.

Take care.

Pippa

Entering the following challenges:






7 comments:

  1. Pippa you post was beautiful to read. I'm so sorry for all the loss you've suffered this year, but how wonderful to reflect on that and still have a grateful heart for the wonderful things in life. I hope things will improve and that you have good support around you for the difficult days. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Sweet Stampin', I hope you'll come and share again with us soon. Hugs, Wends xoxo Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have had such a tough year - I think a lot of us have suffered the same too - some years just seem to pile it all on and you think - ok enough thank you! Your card is lovely - the colouring so vivid. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to read you have had a very sad year. Gladly you had also some nice things too. Hoping that next year will be more positive
    Your card is beautiful. Very elegant and stylish. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors on this.

    Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring !! Love the card.. Thank you for entering in Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges
     Sharmitha @ Crafter's Icon 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry so late commenting! I’ve had a busy couple of months!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete