Monday 7 October 2019

Path of Positivity New Challenge - Have Courage

Courage is not one of the qualities I associate with myself! I was chronically shy for much of my life and I mean chronically shy. Speaking to people was so out of my comfort zone it was the other side of the universe. Notice the use of the past tense. I am happy to say that I am no longer chronically shy, after years of working at it, I am now just shy with new people or in new situations.

Looking back now I don't think people realise how debilitating shyness can be. Imagine not being able to even ask a bus driver to stop at your stop so travelling on the next stop to get off and then walking back up the road - yep been there many times when at school. It's not that you don't want to speak it is just mentally impossible.

So can you imagine the agonising that went into pressing the send button on my first blog post or sharing the first colouring online. It has not been an easy journey but honestly I am glad I persevered. In some ways it is an in between stage, this sharing on line is not as threatening as speaking face to face with someone you do not know. Thankfully the comments have been positive and the confidence boosted and with that comes the courage. So now I will speak to strangers, I make the effort, and each successful encounter builds up the courage.

So next time you meet someone who is on the quiet side, before you put them down as stand-offish just remember that they may just be churning inside trying to overcome their own shyness.

I just love the quote that came with the image I have used for my card as it says it all and certainly fits my own circumstances.


Materials used:
Sheen Douglas A4 embossing folder - Jungle leaves
Adirondack ink pad - meadow
X-Press It card
7" x 5" card blank
white card
Copic pens:
mane - W9, E37, E08, YR27, YR24, YR12, YR21, YR23
body fur - E31, E33, E35, E39, W9
eye - YR16, YR07, YR68
mouth - E00, R20, R21 

I used the embossing folder with white card and then brushed meadow ink over it to highlight the leaves.

So have you got the courage to have a go at our challenge this month? The theme of Courage is optional so you can do anything. If entering challenges is old hat to you then well done and you have no excuse not to have a go! If you lack confidence but really would like to try it then I would urge you to summon up every ounce of courage you can find and give it a go. The whole ethos of this particular challenge is that it is Positive so you will be among friends who are just waiting to encourage you. If you do decide to enter and it is the first time you have tried then please put a comment on the challenge blog and I will do my best to come and pay you a visit with some encouragement from someone who knows how hard that road can be.

All the details of the challenge and the link can be found on the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog.  We have two sponsors this month, Beccy's Place and Scribbles Designs both offering prizes

Thank you for sticking with me on a very personal post. Hope to see you in the challenge. Take care.

Pippa

Entering the following challenges:
Show Us Your Pussycats #47 - Anything With A Cat Goes (In my book lions are just big cats!)

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Pippa. You surprise Pippa. I didn't know you suffered from Shyness. Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quote and love the embossed leaves background.Well done with opening up with such a personal post and really well done to you overcoming such a big hurdle.
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation, thank you for sharing your story. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck ! Kraftyjean DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really lovely,

    Thanks for sharing with us over at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card and an even more beautiful post! I think a lot of us were painfully shy but through card making and sharing with other paper crafters have come out of our shell. I admire your journey and thank you for supporting our challenge at PIP Challenges. So glad you join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's a really cool image and you colored it beautifully! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say that overcoming your shyness took a great deal of courage Pippa... it's always nerve wracking to put yourself out there, but even more so for people who experience chronic shyness. Well done to you!
    Your card is awesome, I especially love the bold way you've coloured the lion. I also LOVE the background paper you created. The embossing has given your card so much wonderful texture and interest, it's a great technique.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous powerful card..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, 7 years Blogging since that shaky first press of the button, so very well done YOU ! xxxx I can't imagine being like that - it must have been so debilitating :-(
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges, and letting us have a 'Big' cat for a nice change x.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card and your text! Congratulations working through your challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge
    A Place To Start Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post! and the Card if fantastic too! Thank you for joining us at LPCF x

    ReplyDelete