Tuesday 16 July 2019

Exploring Embroidery

This is my year for two goals, one is to finish some of the projects that have been lying around half finished in my cupboard. Some of them have been there for years! The other goal is to try out some new things. I had a go at embroidery in school and did not get on with it at all. However I came across MakeBox+Co a new monthly postal craft box company which was just starting out. It is run by a young married couple. If I can I like to support new ventures especially in the craft world. For the first box they were offering a 10% discount so I thought I would give it a go.

The launch box was very successful for them and since then they have had a baby and brought out a couple of other boxes. You have the choice of a monthly or bi monthly subscription or just a one off purchase.

Bees was the theme and the box came with a postcard, material, threads, needle, two embroidery hoops and basic instructions. These are the projects you could make.












I have to say that as a way to get over the awful experience of embroidery from school this worked a treat. Each project added more so you could try different techniques and build up skills. I was really pleased with how mine turned out.

I think I will be buying more boxes in the future so look out for them!

If you are interested you can find MakeBox+Co. here

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

Entering the following challenges:





No comments:

Post a Comment