Monday 7 January 2019

Encouraging Words

Here we are at the start of a New Year and I wonder how many of you have made resolutions. I know a lot of people start the year vowing to do something from getting fitter and more active to finishing long abandoned projects. I wonder how many decided to just generally make this a better year through their own thoughts and actions. It is so easy to wade in with the critical word when an encouraging word achieves so much more.

This month at the Path of Positivity our optional challenge theme is Inspiration. It is good to tell someone that they have been an inspiration in some way but also good to give encouragement to inspire others. For my card I have chosen to take the second path with some encouraging words.


Materials used:
X-Press It card
blue card
5x7" card blank
Copic pens:
skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
eyes - B21, B23, B28
magnifying glass rim - C1, C3, C5
magnifying glass handle - E43, E44, E47, E49
hair - E11, E13, E15, E18
jacket - B93, B95, B97, B99
desk - W00, W0, W1, W3, W5
background - YG00, YG21

The sentiment has been added to the image by computer. I also made an insert using the fingerprint image that comes with the set. I put it randomly on the page at all different angles and then typed Well Done in the  middle.

It was a good job that I planned this card before the Christmas and New Year holiday. My mojo went on a break and forgot to return to work so I have achieved very little so far this year. So much for resolving to be more organised! 

We have just had a couple of days of really cold weather with the temperatures dropping from 13 or so down to 4 and below. It was quite a dramatic change and a shock to the system to wake up with the temperature just dipping into minus figures having been up in the teens. I suppose we should not complain, after all it is winter even if it has been a bit late arriving. Mind you if we did not have the weather to talk about what would we Brits have to say to each other all day!!

I hope you all had a  good holiday and that the new year is a great one for you. If you have followed  me over from Wordpress thank you for sticking with me and if you have only just found me, welcome.

I guess I had better just give you the details of the Path of Positivity Challenge before I go. The challenge runs from the 7th of January to the 3rd of February, it is anything goes with an optional theme this time of Inspiration. We have two sponsors this month, Ike's Art offering a $15 for the winner of the random draw and Scribbles Designs offering one image for the most inspiring entry chosen by the DT.

All information including the link up can be found on the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog.

I hope you will come over and take a look at all the wonderful inspiration from my team mates and why not join in the fun, after all your entry might be the prize winner!

Thank you for dropping in. Happy New Year to you.

Pippa

Entering the following challenges:






















5 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fantastic. Awesome colouring and a superb inspiration piece :-)
    Thank you for using my image and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you All.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card to kick off the new year with Pippa. Happy New Year!!! It seems a perfect time to thank you for all of your encouragement in 2018.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card Pippa, a great image and your colouring is great. Thanks for entering this month's challenge at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card ... I love the fingerprint background too. Thanks for playing at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge and I wish you the best of luck. Come back again.
    Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete