Tuesday 19 September 2017

Path Of Positivity Art Appreciation

It's the midway point of the Path of Positivity challenge - surround yourself with art. I have again used a picture as my inspiration. This time the picture hangs in my craft room and is a print of a needle felted wall hanging that I saw several years in a row at a local craft show. The piece is very 3D and very large. It was not for sale but even if it was I doubt that I could have afforded it. My eldest daughter surprised me at Christmas with the gift of a framed print of it. The picture is called 'Peace In The Valley' and the artist is Joan Prowse. If anyone is interested here is a link to her web site:
http://www.joanprowse.co.uk

SAM_4780(watermarked).JPG

Materials used:Luna Girl - Animals: On the Farm Digital Collage Sheet
Luna Girl - Animals: At the Zoo Digital Collage Sheet
printable Kraft card
A5 card blank
corner rounder


Arrange the pictures and text on the sheet (I used Serif CraftArtist 2). Add any drop shadows and frames as required then print out.

Attach the printed sheet to the front of a card blank and round off the corners. This would also work well as a wall hanging or framed.

The verse is one of the most misquoted verses in the Bible. Most people, myself included, think it says 'the lion will lie down with the lamb', but acutally the Bible says the wolf will lie down with the lamb, the lion gets to lie down with the calf and the yearling! Still it is a lovely  image of creation as it was originally made and what it will be at the end of time.

There are still a couple of weeks left to enter the challenge. So have a look around your house, what art inspires you? Maybe it is a photograph, a painting or print or even a sculpture or the results of a beachcombing session. If it inspires you to create something of your own please share it with us. Remember it does not have to be a card.  If nothing arty inspires you then you can enter anyway, the theme is optional but with perks attached!

All the details of how to enter and the prizes on offer are on the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog along with lots of inspiration from my fellow team mates.

Thanks for dropping by. Take care.

Pippa

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely project Pippa. TFS the JP link. I can see where your inspiration came from. The hours that must go into those pieces of felted artwork.
    Have a great week.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful; absolutely lovely with the verse! I went over to see the artwork and it is very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete