Saturday 1 July 2017

Sailing Away With Scribbles Designs

We are midway through the current challenge at Scribbles Designs with the theme Holiday Hoopla. I have again chosen to focus on the summer holidays.

SAM_4318(watermarked).JPG

Materials used:Scribbles Designs - Sailboat 1
Scribbles Designs - Sizzling Summer Paper Set
circle die set
circle cutting compass
acrylic greeting stamp
black archival ink pad
white card
printer card and paper
X-Press It card
Copic pens


I used a piece of A4 white card to create the base for my rocker card and covered it with a piece of blue DP printed from the Sizzling Summer set. I ran a blue copic pen around the edges to finish off.

I printed out the boat image on X-Press It card, coloured it with Copics and fussy cut it out.

For the image mat I die cut a circle from white card and covered half with the wave paper printed from the Sizzling Summer set and the top half with some more of the blue paper. I ran a length of blue satin ribbon across the middle to hide the join.

I attached the circle to the card base and added the boat image using gel glue to add a little dimension.

I cut two strips of the wave paper, glued them together and concertina folded the strip before sticking to the card front.

Finally I stamped the greeting using black ink.

This is my first rocker card, it took a bit of working out to get the sizes correct but I am pleased with the outcome for a first attempt. Hopefully I will get around to trying some more in the future.

There is still time for you to join in the fun at Scribbles Designs. All the information you need along with more inspiration from the Design Team can be found on the Scribbles Designs Blog.

Thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread #44 - Anything Goes
Addicted To Stamps And More #248 - Holiday
Crafty Gals Corner #129 - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations #344 - Anything Goes
Fun-Day Friday #195 - Anything Goes
Crafting With Friends #46 - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers #133 - Anything Goes




5 comments:

  1. Great shaped card. Thank you for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge . Good luck with your entry.
    Angie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rocker card, how cool! And great coloring! Thanks for playing along in the Friday Funday Challenge!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun and fabulous card!
    Love your cute little boat, round shape and fancy folds!
    Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally brilliant! Love this Pippa.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete