Tuesday 2 August 2016

Path of Positivity Challenge #40 - Confidence

After the summer break it is time to launch a new challenge at the Path of Positivity and this month the theme is Confidence. I don't know about you but I lean more towards lack of confidence myself! However I have discovered that nothing can boost confidence as much as positive affirmation. One of the things that being on a design team has done is to boost my own confidence in my work. There is still plenty I am not happy with but I am learning to be easier on myself. The fact that people leave lovely affirming comments still amazes me and I hope always will. At no stage to I want to leap into the murky waters of over confidence and 'stuffed up pride'.

Confidence also features in my faith, in fact God is the only one in whom anyone can have 100% confidence. There are loads of Biblical references to confidence but one of my favourits is: Hebrews 4:16  Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. 

SAM_2988(watermarked)

Materials used:Ikesart - KT Swing
X-Press It card
black, red and blue card
white A5 card blank
Copic pens
Décosse's Dynamite Doodles - Rainy Days Patterned Papers

The super image from Ikesart so reminded me of my two girls when they were young, fearless explorers of the local park, that I had to use it. Being of a more timid nature myself, rope swings did not feature in my own childhood so much! She has been printed on X-Press It card and coloured in with Copics.

The quote is one I found on the internet and thought it fitted the card perfectly. I printed it out over the top of some rainbow paper from DDDoodles Rainy Days set.

The quote and image have been matted and layered on black, red and blue card.
Please do come and join us, the challenge is open until September 4th so there is plenty of time. You do not have to make a card, anything goes. The only thing we ask is that you make it clear how your project relates to the theme, just a sentence will be enough it does not need to be an essay, unless you want to write an essay on confidence for your entry. There are plenty of pizes on offer so why not take a look at our sponsors images for inspiration.

SPONSOR & PRIZE INFORMATION:$10 worth of digital stamps from Scribbles Designs, one of our guest sponsors this month, for the post or project that deems most inspiring of the bunch.

$15 gift certificate from Ike's Art, one of our guest sponsors this month, for a person chosen in a random draw based on all entrants.

There will also be:A small selection of digital designer papers from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles for one lucky person who leaves a comment on posts published during the challenge time frame.

One digital sentiment for every single person who enters the challenge.

If you still need inpiration please visit my team mates blogs for some great samples and inspirational ideas.

Thanks for dropping by. Take care.

Pippa

2 comments:

  1. Such awesome colouring and a lovely inspirational quote.
    Thank you very much for using one of my images and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you :-)

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Pippa. Beautifully coloured as always.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete