Monday 2 November 2015

Who's walking who?

My brother's birthday is coming up this month and I usually make him a card with something relating to cars on it. However he also has a mad dog so when I saw this image at The Paper Shelter, I just had to use it. I did do a bit of genetic engineering on the dog because my brother's dog is more lab/retriever than rottweiler!

Materials used:SAM_2391(watermarked)
The Paper Shelter Digi Set - My Cute Rottweiler
white stamping card
white A5 card blank
Spellbinders Die - Triple Floral
Copics
black Happy Birthday peel-off


Method:
I printed out the line art version of the image onto stamping card and coloured it with the copics. I tried to make the dog the right colours but did not have a photograph so it is guess work. My brother is a tad older than the lad in the image so I have done the greying hair to try to make it more realistic! (He'll love me for that but then he is younger than me.)

I cut the card blank down to make a 15cm square card then used the die to emboss the border. I trimmed my image down to fit and edged it with a blue pen before attaching it to the front of the card.

As he does not read my blog there is no danger of spoiling the surprise by posting this before his birthday, I just hope he likes it!

Thanks for stopping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore - Use a stamp or digi image
Sisters of Craft - November
Your Scrapbook Place
613 Avenue Create
Glitter 'N' Sparkle Challenge #161
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #21
Art By Mi Ran #44
Crafting With Friends #9
Creative Fingers #96
Jo's Scrapshack FFC #112 "Anything Goes"
Outlawz Friday Colouring Challenge
Not Just Cards #26
2 Creative Chicks Showcase #4
Sweet Stamps - November
Inspiration Destination #57

14 comments:

  1. Super card Pippa. Fabulous coloring. It looks 3D. Your brother will love it.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant colouring, as always Pippa. Great image. I'm sure your Brother will love it, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Bradley3 November 2015 at 17:44

    Hi pippa, you have done a fantastic job with this card, that image is great and love how you have coloured it. So glad you have made it a CAS card as nothing should distract from that fab image. Your brother will love it I am sure. Thank you so much for sharing with us in our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and we hope you will join us again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahah... love this card, such a great image...beautifully coloured! Thanks for sharing with us this week for our "anything goes" challenge, over at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you've kept the layout simple and the focus on the fun image. Thanks for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge #44.
    Alicia (Art by Miran DT)
    MaxiBelle Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coloring is devine and I love that you made him grey! TFS with Sweet Stamps+

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! I'm sure your brother will like it. Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create. Hope to you back soon. Cheers, Aurora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fab card. Love the details with the embossing, gorgeous colouring and CAS design. Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member 613 Avenue Create xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super sweet project you have for us today, so well thought out and put together, we are so lucky you have entered our art by miran challenge
    so beautiful to look at good luck hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That image is so CUTE! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

    Kim - SSDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great card - thanks for joining us at the Sisters of Craft Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete