Tuesday 17 June 2014

And the penguins rioted!

Last week I 'blogged' my entry for the 'Less is More' challenge and mentioned the black and white theme of the bedroom complete with black and white cat on the bed and penguins in the corner.  Well somehow the penguins found out that while I had put in a picture of the cat, they did not appear and a riot ensued.  So I promised them that I would show a picture this week, even though it has nothing to do with the rest of the post!

20140617183213_SAM_0296

Right, that sorted back to the job at hand. This week the challenge over at 'Less is More' is a one layer card - off the page.

Materials used:
Stamps - Hero Arts Traditional Roses, Inkylicious Handwritten Script and Happy Birthday
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Inks - Vintage, Tea Dye and Old Paper
Spectrum Noir pencils
Grey Spectrum Noir pen

Method:
I had in mind a card with a page of a book coming in from the side and a rose stamped on top, the problem was how to create it so that it was one layer. Eventually I hit upon the idea of masking off the base of the card leaving an aperture where I wanted the book page to be. I use the script sta20140617183250_SAM_0298mp to create the page and inked through the aperture with the distress inks to give a vintage feel to the page. Having removed the mask I then went around the edge with a fine line pen.

I stamped the rose on top of the script and coloured it in with the pencils. The script and the rose are both coming in from off the page. I then stamped the birthday greeting on to the card. I still was not happy that I had the dimension I wanted, which would have been there with a two layer card, so I gave the script a shadow down the side and underneath by running the grey pen along the edges. At that point I decided to leave it before it went pear shaped!

 

20140617183329_SAM_0297

 

Thanks for dropping in.  Take care.

Pippa

6 comments:

  1. What a super card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa, Oh I do see what you mean about LIM - great minds think alike! LOVE your penguins - such fun. Wait until the duck pond freezes over in the Playground, they can come ice skating then :)

    Need to follow you but seems I've forgotten my password for Wordpress - QUE?

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the stamp and off the edge positioning.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card .... great job with the masking and stamping.
    Linda xx
    LIM Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pippa, Sorry to have been MIA for a while. Thanks for the recent visits and sweet comments you've left. Loved your penguins, quite a collection of cuties. Also loved the way you've made this one layer. That is a fantastic look, and so very vintage with the script and lovely rose overstamped. Some really great pencil coloring too. Roses are my favorite flower. TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super, classy, OLC Pippa. Nice to 'meet' your penguins too!
    Thanks so much for joining us again this week at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete