Wednesday 3 October 2012

Where is the crafting?


With a title like ‘Veiws from the Craft Room you are probably wondering where the crafting comes in.  Well, at the moment every available spare moment is being taken up making the 200+ Christmas cards we need!  There is a lot of die cutting, stamping, embossing, distressing and gluing going on but not much to show you.  So I have decided to show you a card I made last year which is one of my favourites. 

The flowers are made using the MEDIUM FLOWER HEAD 0701072Aand the LARGE FLOWER HEAD 701071Astamps from Dimension Stamps.

I stamped the two flower head stamps onto velum which I had coloured by blending pink ink onto it.  I then decorated the flowers by stamping a swirl pattern on in pink and highlighting with crystal glitter.  I then made up the flowers, two large and one medium.

Another view of the top and inside panel.



Roy from Dimension Stamps has made a video which will show you how to make the flowers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W3OsWLJ5Zg

The box and tag for the card.

I used some vintage card from my stash to make and easel card base and cut the mats from contrasting card using my CraftRobo.  I inked the edges in pink then attached to my card.  I then arranged the flowers on the card and used a leaf stamp to put in the green leaves.  I then added some gems to look like dew drops and used peel offs for the greetings.





I have been meaning to make another one but to date this is the only one I have done.





No comments:

Post a Comment