Sunday 27 July 2014

Did it before the end of the month!

Having failed dramatically to meet the deadline for June's calendar page I was determined to do better this month.  OK it may not be that much better but at least the month as not actually ended this time!

Working in a school the only theme that I could do really for July is the fact that the academic year is over - as much a joy to teachers as it is to the children!

July Page 2 Copyrighted
Materials used:
Distress Inks: Ripe Persimmon, Dried Marigold
Adirondack Inks: Butterscotch, Lemonade
Memento Ink: Tuxedo Black
Circle Die
Spectrum Noir pens and pencils
Clarity Sunburst stencil
Clarity Letterbox stamps
Penny Black Girls Rock stamp


Method:
Working directly onto the pages I used the yellow and orange inks to stencil the sunburst in the middle of each page. I punched 31 circles out of white paper and used the yellow inks and stencil to form the pattern around the edges before numbering them with a black pen. I stamped the children along the bottom of the page then again onto paper. I coloured in the skin, hair, shoes and hairbands of the children on the page with pencils and the clothes of the images stamped onto paper with pens. I cut out the coloured clothes and stuck them onto the children with 3d glue gel then arranged the circles and stuck them in place. Finally I added the words using the Letterbox stamps.

July Page 1 Copyrighted

This year the sun did not stop shining as soon as we broke up, in fact it has been glorious all week. I will probably get shot down in flames for this but I think it is just a tad too hot and as it has been very dry some overnight rain would be good for the pond and the garden!

I hope you are having a good summer wherever you are, or maybe a good winter. In the international community that is the internet you just never know who might be popping in or where they come from! So whoever you are and wherever you are thanks for dropping in. Take care.

Pippa

3 comments:

  1. Simply delightful. This looks to be a lot of work with all those tiny circles, the children's clothing and the paper piecing too. Such a clever & colorful design and a perfect way to celebrate the ending of the school session! Good for you on meeting your month's goal! TFS & Hugs. Enjoy your free time while it's available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pippa, I copied the deadline data from the website, but you're absolutely right, August 3 is Sunday, so I'm guessing it should say Saturday??? Not sure, but check DeeDee's July challenge on the website. Good luck, Hope you can get your card finished. These digis are so easy to work with. I had bought several before I got on the DT. I'm not a fast card maker, but the precolored images that I've worked with to date, have made fast cards, and while I may be a mite prejudiced, I think they are darling images. I just do a little shading on the ones I've done so far. Hugs & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, thanks for the prompting - I've managed to do it. Penguins are my favourite animals so it would have been a shame to miss out! I had to add a bit of stamping though so I did not feel as if I was cheating! Silly, I know, but I am a stamper at heart! Hope you are having a good weekend. We have had some much needed rain overnight and this morning but it is blue skies now and sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete