Monday 21 October 2019

Midway Through Courage

We are at the half way point of our challenge at Path of Positivity and thinking about Courage. Last time I shared with you a bit about my own battle with chronic shyness and the effects it can have on life. I hope those of you who lack the confidence and or courage to share your art have thought about entering our challenge and taking the first steps to building up your own courage.

This time I have another great quote I found online. Everyone, if they are being truly honest, has some area where they lack courage and the knocks of life can sap even the most courageous spirit. And I am sure even those we consider courageous have moments of self doubt.

I have a niece and nephew who are both ambulance drivers. Years ago you would probably not think that you have to be particularly courageous to drive ambulances but these days you need it in bucket loads. The increasing violence they have to deal with directed at them as they try to do their job is unbelievable. Attacks on ambulance staff, paramedics, police and firemen as they try to help people are increasing all the time, they all deserve medals for what they do.

So this card is for every one no matter how courageous they feel. 



Materials used:
Distress Oxcide background paper from stash
faux stitch rectangle die
7" x 5" card blank
X-Press It card
Copic pens:
BG90, BG93, BG96, BG99   
E21. E23, E25, E29
W3, W5, W7, W9
C3, C5, C7, C9 100

I love the green and brown combination for these boots so much I am looking out for a pair for myself! The background paper was a great find in my stash, unfortunately I can't remember the colours I used. I did not like the paper straight on the front of the card so edged the card blank with a brown pen to define the paper more. 

This is not the first time I have used this image, it made it's first appearance back in 2018. Now I did not go and look at it again because I wanted to make a different card but there must be something about that colour combination because, although I did not note the Copics used, they sure look like the same colours!

DSC_0540(watermarked)

I hope you will join us for the challenge, you still have a couple of weeks left to enter. Remember the theme of Courage is optional. All the details of the challenge and the link can be found on the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog.  We have two sponsors this month, Beccy's Place and Scribbles Designs both offering prizes.

Looking forward to seeing your shared works of art. Thank you for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

Entering the following challenges:







3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the way you've coloured the boots Pippa, what a great colour combination! You obviously thought so too, it's amazing that you used almost the same palette last year. The highlights and shading are wonderful, you have really brought them to life. Gorgeous!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the boots too. Let me know if you find them. Perfect sentiment! Joyfully Stamps
    Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Pippa, I so understand what you are saying about the courage it takes to be an emergency responder! My son is a volunteer firefighter and is working towards a full time position. It takes incredibly courageous people to do what these responders do everyday! Special prayers and good thoughts to all who work in these professions! As for your card, wow! That coloring is fantastic and the quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete