Saturday 11 March 2017

Nearly Missed It!

I've been wanting to enter the challenge at Ike's World for a while now but somehow never managed to get arround to it. This time I was determined, especially as I was using one of Ike's wonderful images on the birthday card for my husband. I had it all printed out and coloured in ages ago but forgot to make the actual card. Today I looked at my 'to do' list and realised the omission. In a panic I checked out the challenge dates and realised that I still had a day left, so there has been a flurry of activity in the Craft Room while Tim watches the rugby!

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

(The card does not really have a bend in it, for some reason the camera thinks it has! Also it does not have all the 'speckles' in the colouring.)

Materials used:Ike's Art - Sherlock
X-Press It card
printer card
A5 card blank
brown card
Copic pens


Sherlock has been printed out on X-Press It card , coloured with Copics, trimmed and matted onto dark brown card.

The sentiment is printed onto computer card and used to cover the front of the card blank. A brown Copic matching the brown of the image mat has been run around the edges of the card.

Finally the topper has been stuck onto the card front.

Colouring Sherlock was quite a challenge as his face is only about 1cm in length! However I am glad I did colour him as he is growing on me and makes a change from the steam trains I usually do for Tim's birthday. (What is it about clergymen and steam trains?!)

Thanks for popping in. Take care.

Pippa

I would like to enter the following challenges:Ike'sworld Challenges #83 - Anything Goes/Optional Twist: Use A Sentiment
Crafting With Friends #30 - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack FFC #197 - Anything Goes
Simply Papercraft #44 - Anything GoesCrafting With An Attitude #25 - Anything GoesCrafty Girls Creations #34 - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card,
    CAS. Excellens!
    Thank you very much for coming to play
    at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is amazing - what fantastic colouring :-) I can just see you scurrying about making whilst you Hubs is otherwise occupied :-D Thank you very much for using one of my images and for playing along at IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES. I do hope we see you again.

    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card for your husband. Ike is lovely, so I hope you enjoy her challenge. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOORAY! My comment actually posted. Have been unable to add anything to your blog for aaaaaages! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card 🙂 Thank you for playing along with us at Jo’s Scrap Shack.
    Tina-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome design. The unique card. I love this image.
    Thank you for sharing with us Crafting with an attitude.
    BozenA DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great CAS masculine cardand love the Sherlock image--Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete