Thursday 16 October 2014

Autumn's Harvest

I found a new progressive challenge at From the Heart Stamps so decided to give it ago. This month the image has a harvest theme, very appropriate as all the 5 churches in our Benefice have had their Harvest Festivals and Harvest Suppers. I am now all apple pied out until next year!



Materials used:
white stamping card
red and black card
Budding vine embossing folder
round and round scalloped dies
red pigment ink and red embossing powder
Apple Market digi stamp set - From the Heart Stamps
Just for you stamp
Spectrum Noir pens
Adirondack Meadow ink pad


Method
I printed out the line image to the size I wanted onto the white card and coloured with my Spectrum Noir Pens. On a spare piece of the white card I stamped and embossed the Just for You greeting before cutting it with a circle die and cutting a mat with the scalloped circle. I used the budding vine embossing folder to emboss another piece of the white card then highlighted the embossing with the green ink. I matted up all the elements on black card. I made an A5 card blank from an A4 piece of black card and attached a slightly smaller piece of red card onto the front. I then arranged my elements how I wanted them before sticking them down.

So just a teaser for you, how many pens did I use to colour in my image? Here is a clue.



Thanks for stopping bye.  Take care.

Pippa

Did you guess correctly, I used 39 pens!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
From the Heart Stamps Digi Stamp of the Month
Outlawz Monday Greeting Card Challenge - Embossing



5 comments:

  1. Goodness me! you have 39 pens? lol! A lovely little image and so cute with the apples in a heart shape. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Mrs A don't tell anyone but I have more than that, a lot more than that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pippa, I love your colouring. I see you use the Spectrum Noir pens! I use Copic's and seem to use about the same amount of markers on each project too LOL. Its half the fun getting the right blend colour for your project. You image looks fantastic. I specially love how you partnered your birdie and apples together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to our SOTM Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !! It´s great that you´ve found your way to us.

    Awesome Card and your coloring from apples and basket is terrific !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your kind comment. I ordered some Ciao skin tones a while back to compare them with Spectrum Noirs. I am still waiting for them to be delivered, there has been some problem with supply. My worry is that if they are as good as everyone says I may get addicted to them as well!

    ReplyDelete